AmpliFi launched its first Wi-Fi 6 router last month but was only sold as single units. Now AmpliFi is offering an Alien bundle that includes the primary router with touchscreen and a meshpoint. The new option saves users $60 getting set up with two Aliens.
As we previously covered, AmpliFi Alien offers a compelling package:
- 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi 6 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi 5 radios
- Increase your network capacity by 4x and boost coverage by 2x, while reducing battery drain in mobile devices
- Powered by 8×8 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 Technology, a single AmpliFi Alien router performs with far greater range and speeds than previous Wi-Fi solutions
- Watch local programming, video call and connect with family or check smart home security from your iOS, Android device, or another AmpliFi Router with AmpliFi Teleport, a free VPN service available to all AmpliFi owners
- Quickly set up through the AmpliFi app (iOS & Android compatible) to set parental controls, create guest access, create secondary local networks, and prioritize preferred traffic using automatic quality of service (QoS)
After going hands-on with it, we said it “might be the most powerful home router on the market.” Check out our full review here.
The one difference is that with this set up it looks like the meshpoint doesn’t feature a touchscreen which shouldn’t be an issue for most users. But if for some reason you want a touchscreen on both of your Alien routers you could opt for two of the routers for $758.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.